Penn Gastroenterology FAQs

We are happy to announce the launch of our new Penn Medicine website.

Please stay connected to our Gastroenterology News blog by visiting us there.

Friday, December 14, 2012

Can marijuana treat Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome?

Question: My significant other has Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome and it has gone without a cure for a very long time due to lack of research. Can marijuana use treat CVS?

Answer: There is no FDA approval for use of the drug for cyclic vomiting syndrome. This syndrome requires coordinated care between psychiatry, nutrition, and gastroenterology.

It is best to see an internist or gastroenterologist to thoroughly evaluate these concerns and recommend a course of treatment. To schedule a consultation with a Penn physician, please call 800-789-PENN (7366) or request an appointment online

No comments:

Post a Comment