Gastroenterology

Penn Gastroenterology FAQs

We are happy to announce the launch of our new Penn Medicine website.

Please stay connected to our Gastroenterology News blog by visiting us there.

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Why does a multivitamin produce nausea?

Question: I have recently started taking a multivitamin. It seems to be giving me energy, but I have also developed a feeling of starvation after taking the vitamin.  If I try to eat, I feel too full and nauseous. I have a cold as well. I’m not sure what’s causing the fullness and nausea. How can I be hungry and full at the same time?

Answer: Sometimes colds (viral infections) can cause gastrointestinal upset and difficulty with emptying from the stomach. I would suggest seeing a gastroenterologist through your internist to consider obtaining the following:

•    Upper GI series
•    Possible, blood tests
•    Possible gastric emptying scan if indicated by upper GI series

To schedule a consultation with a Penn physician, please call 800-789-PENN (7366) or request an appointment online.

No comments:

Post a Comment